Monday, February 28, 2011

Were the Oscars On Last Night..?

I don't know about you, but all weekend I was super excited for the Oscars.  So excited, that I dreamt about it the night before, and just could not wait to see what everyone was wearing and who would win.  So, I was a little disappointed when the hosts (an over excited and childish Anne Hathaway and a less than excited and sleepy James Franco) were less than thrilling, speeches were snooze fests, and the overall show was like an extra inning baseball game.  Yawn...

Now, with that said...the fashion did live up to the hype, and I was so happy to see some glitz and glamour on some of my favorite celebs!  My choices for Best Dressed:


Gwyneth Palrow in Calvin Klein. 
Wow.  Just stunning.  Everything about this look is flawless...the straight blonde hair, understated jewelry and sleek, yet glamorous silver dress.  I LOVE this look. 


Halle Berry in Marchesa
I love pretty much any Marchesa dress...and I love Halle Berry.  So she really could never go wrong in my book.  But this dress compliments her skin tone, and is a perfect choice for the Oscar red carpet.  Bravo, yet again, Halle!  This dress is something I would love to wear for a special event (perhaps a wedding??  haha)


Natalie Portman in Rodarte
I thought this was the absolute perfect color for the pregnant Natalie.  I know firsthand how hard it is to find an attractive dress while pregnant, so I was so happy to see such a beautiful dress on her last night!  I can't imagine being nominated for best actress and having to wear a maternity gown for all these awards shows.  She was glowing, and the earrings were a nice touch to finish out the ensemble.  Of course, I was happy to see her win for her amazing performance in Black Swan.


Oprah Winfrey in Zac Posen
Oprah...you did it!  You finally dressed for your body type!  On her show, she is usually wearing too-bright colors, and too tight shirts, but this dress was elegant, classy and she looked like a princess at the ball.  I was thrilled to see her looking so glam, because Oprah is my all time favorite--go Oprah!

Andrew and I tried to see almost every movie nominated this year.  Of course the one movie we didn't see but had wanted to was The King's Speech...and it won.  This will definitely be a reason to get to the movie theater in the near future.  Overall, I was happy to see so many beautiful gowns, and was pleased with the wins, but next year...can we please bring back Whoppi Goldberg or Billy Crystal??

Charlotte was in bed before the show started, so she wasn't able to give her opinion ;) But as far as I am concerned, she is still the best dressed and most fun entertainment around!

No comments:

Post a Comment