Monday, February 21, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend we had so much going on, it would take up way too much space to report it all.  So I will sum it all up in a little outline for ya:

  • We finally got a new car!  After months, and MONTHS of debating over what kind of car, whether to lease or buy etc etc...Andrew decided leasing was the best way to go and he picked up our brand new 2011 Hyundai Elantra on Saturday.  We are so relieved the car search is over, and love the new edition to the family!

  • One of my sorority sisters and good friend's, Megan, came from NYC to visit Charlotte and I on Saturday! This was her first time meeting little C, and we had a fun visit.  She brought her the most ADORABLE little hair bands, a giraffe and a St. Patty's day onesie!  Thank you Megan, we miss you already!

  • Sunday was a huge day.  After actively attending Shadyside Presbyterian for the past year, we finally made the big move and decided to join.  This is the first church either one of us has joined (aside from the church my family belonged to growing up).  We attended a new members class last weekend, and yesterday, along with 34 other new members, were recognized in front of the church.  We love Shadyside, and are so excited for this new journey in our lives!  Even more exciting, was Andrew's baptism yesterday.  I am so proud of him, and we both look forward to growing in our faith together at our new church home!  Our families were there to celebrate with us yesterday, and it was a wonderful opportunity to get everyone together...and of course, Charlotte was a hit as always!  A special thank you to Andrew's parents, Patty and Bruce, for the gorgeous tulips.  My favorite :)

  • Charlotte is a big girl at 5 months old!!!!!  I know I say this all the time, but I still can't believe how fast she is growing!  She is just such a little person now, and I am so proud to be her Mommy everyday and watch her grow and change :)  Oh--AND, she rolled over for the first time on Friday!  Big Girl!!

  • I have officially started "running".  I put this in quotes, because I am no where near calling myself a runner, and feel a little weird even saying it.  Andrew used to run half marathons, so we talked a lot about training for the half, and 5k's etc.  I decided to follow an online trainer, and am "training" for a 5k.  I would love to sign up for one at some point, but the trainer is a great tool to get me in shape for now.  I have always loathed running, but on Friday for the first time EVER I ran 1.5 miles.  I seriously have never run over a mile in my life, so this was a big deal for me.  Like everyone says, it truly is mental.  I could have easily stopped after 10 mins, but I talked myself into it, and was able to do it!  (17 mins later...ha!).  I ran again yesterday the same distance, and am excited to keep running and lowering my time's and lengthening my distance!  I figure now that I have put it out here on my blog..I HAVE to continue...right?!

    I am 5 months old Mommy!
    Gorgeous tulips from Patty and Bruce
    Daddy with his 5 month old!  All smiles :)
    Andrew, Charlotte and I with his parents after the church service
    New members of Shadyside Presbyterian with my Mom (who by the way, was a HUGE help during the service with Charlotte!  Thank you!)
    Learning to roll over on her mat!

Megan and Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment