Thursday, February 3, 2011

Starting Solids

This morning Charlotte had her first taste of rice cereal!  I thought for sure she would hate it, because every time I've given her vitamins or Tylenol she has made an icky face and turned away.  But I guess rice cereal is much more bland than the others and she actually swallowed a few bites!  I know some people say to wait until they are 6 months, but our pediatrician gave the go-ahead and she is definitely ready for solids.  Besides the fact she is in the 95% for weight...she is very strong and can almost sit up on her own.  She also definitely seems interested in what we are eating and opens and closes her mouth when she watches us eat. Soo...I figure let's go for it!  I am still back and forth about when to start her on veggies and fruits.  I may wait a few weeks until she is 5 months, or maybe we will try it next week.  Any suggestions?
 Last night Andrew worked until 9, so he didn't get to see Charlotte at all yesterday.  Some mornings we get her up before he leaves so he can spend a little time with her, but she is usually sleeping when he comes home.  After being with her all day long myself, I honestly MISS HER by the time 10 or 11pm rolls around.  Addicted??  I will usually go in and hold her and rock her for a few minutes.  I know this disrupts her sleep but I can't help it!  Andrew says he is going to submit me to Intervention ha!  But now that he is working so late..he misses her too, so we both got a chance to cuddle with our sleeping angel last night.


Charlotte and I are off to our first Gymboree class today.  Hopefully she (I) likes it!  Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment