Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Whole Lotta Love

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and we had not only a lovely day, but one of the best weekends in a long time.  We didn't do anything fancy, or super special, but the three of us spent a lot of good old quality time together and it was really nice.  I guess that's what happens when you are a grown up!  We are down to one car at the moment, so yesterday Charlotte and I were home-bound, which was kind of fun for a change.  I baked the most amazing cookies in the whole entire world...thank you OPRAH for the recipe.  Charlotte and I also got creative and made Andrew some homemade cards.  Gotta love the Internet!  When he came home he surprised me with a dozen red roses and Godiva chocolates. This is the only thing I ever want for Valentines day, and it never gets old!  We had a nice steak dinner, and watched half of The Town.  So far it's pretty good, although at this point kind of predictable so hopefully it surprises me.

The best Valentine's treat of all was our sweet angel.  She proved yet again to be the best baby on the planet this past weekend.  She spent time with both grandma's this weekend while Mommy and Daddy were out, and was well behaved and happy as can be both times.  On Sunday she went into the church nursery for the 2nd time.  When I arrived to pick her up (it was incredibly crowded this weekend), there were about 10 screaming/crying little children.  I looked around and saw our little Charlotte sitting in a bouncy seat smiling and looking around.  I couldn't believe she was so happy sitting in the chaos!!  The nursery worker told me she was a complete angel, and was so happy to see her again.  I was a very proud Mama :) We love you Charlotte Grace!!

This Valentine's Day Andrew and I were really able to take a step back from the many stresses and realities of life and truly appreciate the love we have for eachother, and our sweet little girl.  We are so blessed in so many ways and try each and every day to keep that the focus of our lives.  It is easy to become overwhelmed with the everyday logistics in life.  Valentine's day was a great opportunity for us to reflect on what we DO have, and what is truly important.  <3  I hope everyone was able to tell someone they love them, and continue to do so each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment