Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Father-Daughter

This past Friday my Dad invited my sister Devon and I to a father-daughter dinner at our family's club.  This was the first time my Dad had taken both daughters, as one of us was usually off at college, or not living in Pittsburgh.  I had not been to this event in about 5 years, and could not believe how many young daughters were there!  We talked about how much fun it will be in a few years to bring Charlotte--lots of little granddaughters were in attendance along with the daughters.  Devon and I had a wonderful time with my Dad, ate some delicious food, and met a lot of interesting fathers and daughters.  It was a perfect night out!

Devon--Dad--Me


Not only did I have some father-daughter time, but Andrew was able to stay home with Charlotte and have his own father-daughter dinner with her.  They ate pizza, had his parents over for some play time, took a bath and snuggled.  She is absolutely becoming a Daddy's girl, it is so cute to watch her stare and watch his every move.  She is so excited when he is home on the weekends, and when he comes home from work.

I love the time they are able to spend together when I am not around.  I know when I was young I loved being able to spend quality time with my Dad, and now watching my own daughter with her Daddy brings me so  much joy. :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kendall! Although we LOVE the Steelers, we do not live in the Burgh! My husband was born and raised there though (in the South Hills!) and just adores that city hence how I came up with the link name for our blog. We actually live in Eastern PA just outside of Philly. I can't wait to see your hour a day photo challenge! And yes, feel free to use my paragraph about Japan! I felt sort of silly going on about my beautiful relaxing day spent shopping and playing with my kids when so many people are suffering on the other side of the world. I'm sure you feel the same. ~Bri~

    ReplyDelete